We will try to keep you up-to-date with news from around the province, particularly in the Cypress County and County of Forty Mile regions.
- We are looking for volunteers for our casino on October 8 & 9 at Copper Coulee Casino in the Medicine Hat Lodge. Attached to this email is the application form that all volunteers need to fill out in order to take part. If you are interested, please fill out this form and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Casino is our major fundraiser and provides the money that we use to fund community programs like the D.A.R.E. program, HALO, and many others which promote rural safety and crime prevention.
Shifts will be scheduled as follows:
- First shift Saturday 3 - 9 pm
- Second shift Saturday 8:30 pm to close (cage volunteers perform duties in count room after cash cage is closed).
- First shift Sunday 3-8 pm
- Second shift Sunday 7:30 pm to close (cage volunteers perform duties in count room after cash cage is closed).
Please specify which shift is preferred when emailing form to email@example.com.
Please indicate if there is a position you prefer, any of the cash cage positions or chip runner.
- Winter 2021/2022 Bulletin from the Alberta Provincial Rural Crime Watch Association is now available.
- Posted November 17, 2020 - The government has established a working group co-chaired by Grande Prairie MLA Tracy Allard and Airdrie MLA Angela Pitt, to review the financial benefits program and consult on creation of a new victim's assistance model that will be launched in 2021. The APBVSA said one of its largest organizations has seen a funding rollback of 14 per cent, and the government has reduced training grants for volunteers from $5,000 to $7,000 cut to a maximum of $1,000. Rudd said they have not been consulted on any of those cutbacks. "We have a program that's unique in Canada, and the envy of Canada, and it's being placed in jeopardy if the money is removed and being spent on something else."
CTV News Report Here
- 2020 has seen an increase in reports to RCMP of suspicious persons/vehicles. This shows that we are doing our part in being the eyes and ears of the RCMP by reporting unusual activity. Statistical information for January to October, 2016 - 2020 can be seen here.